In this position, you are responsible for assisting with machine crewing, labor allocation, providing technical assistance to operators, assisting in the resolution of maintenance issues, working with production schedules/on-time deliveries, equipment efficiencies and team mentoring. This position works a 12 hour, 3 days on 4 days off schedule. When scheduled on the weekend, this position will serve as a resource/leader to the prepress, press, finishing, distribution and maintenance departments.
Interested candidates will have three to five years of previous experience in a printing environment; including previous leadership experience attained in a multitude of facets including leading a crew. Knowledge of cutters, folders, stitchers, perfect binding, and postal regulations is required. Understanding that the knowledge will be broader in some areas than others. The successful candidate will monitor productivity standards and provide leadership and technical expertise throughout finishing, and other departments on the weekends, ensuring that client deliverables are met on a daily basis. The candidate must have demonstrated ability for success in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment and have great written and oral communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
2. Ability to work well with others.
3. Problem analysis and problem resolution abilities.
4. Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret various types of correspondence. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers and employees. Ability to effectively present information to customers and management.
5. Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions. Basic accounting and financial knowledge. Ability to read dimensions with a scale and perform calculations of measurements in both fraction and decimal format. Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice versa.